1. How do I book a tour?
To save you time and ensure you have a place on the tour that works with your holiday plans, you can book securely online by clicking here. We will then get in touch with you to confirm the details.
2. Is it safe to book your tour online?
Yes, our tour bookings are processed through Rezgo, one of the World's top online tour booking platforms. On the tour booking form, note the Rapid SSL symbol at the bottom of the page, indicating that it is protected by an SSL certificate.
The SSL certificate encrypts your personal data making it safe to book and pay online.
3. Do I need a reservation?
Yes – we want to make sure we can accommodate your needs so that you can fully enjoy the tour.
4. When does the tour run?
We will run either tour on any day of the week as long as there is a minimum of four people
(your booking and others can make up the four)
Private tours are available upon request.
Please note: The Scenic Coastal Tour is low-tide dependent and the start times will vary daily (or can be at a time agreed with you).
5. Will the tour run if it rains?
Yes, that’s part of the fun! The tour will normally operate in all weather conditions – with the exception of heavy storms,
hail or gale-force winds, as your safety is our first priority. Conditions such as fog, mist, drizzle, showers, rain, sleet
and wind do not affect the normal operation of our activities.
6. I don’t ride much. Is it ok for me?
Absolutely! We welcome and encourage people of all levels of fitness. Our tours are a great option for a family day out, a couples escape, an adrenalin filled bucks party or kids day out during scholl holidays.
We can also provide that much-needed exercise after too many BBQs or beers when relaxing on holidays.
If you know how to ride, the rest will be a fun adventure.
7. Do you supply helmets?
Yes. It is the law in Australia to wear bicycle helmets and all our tours include an Australian Standards approved helmet that is to be worn at all times while riding your mountain bike.
8. How many people are on your tours?
Safety is our number one concern. We run tours with a minimum of 4 people and a maximum of 10 people.
We also cater for private or corporate tour groups.
9. Where is the meeting point?
The tour meets at the centrally located Byron Bay Visitor Information Centre, 80 Jonson Street, Byron Bay. See map.
Our Toyota Troop Carrier emblazoned with Mountain Bike Tours will pick you up at the Byron Bay Visitor Information Centre (eastern car park) and will be driven by your friendly guide for the day.
10. What’s provided?
- A professional, highly qualified and passionate guide to take you safely on your tour
- Superior quality front-suspension, disc brake mountain bike
- Australian Standards approved cycling helmet
- Water and a souvenir bottle (yours to keep)
- Homemade snacks
- Locally sourced picnic lunch
- Swimming and cooling off at the beach or waterholes
- Donation towards the regeneration and protection of rainforests through our charity partner, Rainforest Rescue
- Return transportation to Byron Bay
11. What should I wear?
- Cool and comfortable riding clothes
- Closed-toe shoes (sneakers/trainers are fine)
12. What should I bring?
We suggest bringing a small backpack to carry all your personal items (this can stay in our vehicle you do not need to ride with it):
- Bathers/swimmers and towel (for the waterhole or beach swim at the end of the ride)
- A change of clothes if the weather is wet
- Your adventurous spirit and sense of fun
13. How do I get to and from Byron Bay?